CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 9, 2009

2009 Goals

Guess I will join everyone in blog land about my financial goals for 2009. Really, they seem simple, however putting them into action is a whole different story!

Goal #1. Knowing how much I spend. I really need to keep better track of my incoming and outgoing budget. Overall, I do okay as I know I save money, but really should be able to account for each dollar. So, I will use January's bank statement and receipts to figure this out. On to the next goal...

Goal #2. Come up with a "real" budget. I want to use the envelope system. An envelope for each category (bills, food, clothes, car, etc.)

Goal #3. Keep Goal #2!

Goal #4. Pay myself 10% of my income in order to start my 3 month emergency fund. (Once I hit 3 months, I'll move it to 6 months.)

So, this is not rocket science right? I think these are goals I can reach. Let me know your goals and how you plan to reach them.

Happy Savings,

Amber

0 comments: