CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Day After Sale!



Does you child like to play dress up?

My six year old daughter LOVES to play dress up! However, the pretend outfits are pricey and really poor quality. One thing that I started doing is hitting the stores the day after Halloween. I have got some really great "costumes" for little to nothing. Lots of Disney princess dresses and fun dress up items. Within a week of 10/31/08, they are marked down to 50%-80% off. Even if you have a little boy, there are some fun super hero costumes or everyday hero's like a fire man and police man. I save what I find for a Christmas gift. I put them in a nice box that becomes
her "trunk."




I had to run to the store today to pick up items for lunch. I found this bag of varies chips for $4.99 (25 in a bag.) I went to the regular chip isle and found the same thing (non Halloween) for $6.99 (24 in a bag.) Sometimes, if an item is tagged with a holiday, it may be cheaper. I plan to hit up the stores on 11/1/08 to catch as many 50%-75% items I can find. There are bags of chips, granola bars, fruit treats just to mention a few. Great for after school snacks, items to donate to your child's teacher or for lunch bags. Why pay more? You may also want to donate them to your local food bank. They don't expire any faster that the items that have no holiday marking on them.

Happy Shopping,

Amber

0 comments: