CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Is The Dollar Store Really Cheaper?




Sometimes people think that the best deal can always be found at your local dollar store, however this is not always the case. Yes, you can find some great deals at the dollar store, but often times you sacrifice quality for price. There are some items that I really don't like to "go cheap" on. I prefer to use a brand that I can trust. This week at Harris Teeter I purchased 5 Kotex feminine products for $1.00 each. Yes, they were full size. The sale was $2 each (great sale.) Plus, I had several $1.00 coupons. This made each box $1.00 each and I purchased a brand that I know and trust.

The 1000 Flush toilet bowl cleaner is usually priced at $3.99 each (way over priced if you ask me.) They were bogo at Harris Tetter, making them $1.99 each. Of course, I had several $1.00 coupons = making them $1.00 each.

I also purchased some Hefty zip lock bags for LESS than $1.00 each. They were on sale $3 for 2 = $1.50 each. I had a .50 coupon = $1.00 (double coupons.)

So, remember...the Dollar store is NOT always the cheapest route to take when you want a good price AND a great product.

Happy Savings,

Amber

0 comments: