CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 21, 2008

July 20th - Savings

Wow, just one packet of coupons in the Sunday paper! This really let me down because I really wanted to see what I could save. I really found some great deals last week (one shopping trip at CVS was a grand total of .18 cents!)
I did run to Harris Teeter to pick up some boxes of Pillsbury Toaster Strudels. They are on sale buy 1/get 2 free. They are priced at $2.89 per box. If you buy just one box with this sale, you will pay .95 cents (per box.) I had two/$1 coupons, when you buy two boxes. Since it is summer and I seem to be the kool-aide mom (my children's friends are always over at my home) I went ahead and picked up 6 boxes. I also had a coupon for the Arm & Hammer Detergent. It is on sale buy1/1 free. The total price was $5.79 per item (buy 1/get 1 = $2.89 per item.) I only had one coupon (1.00 off. ) This made the total price $1.89. I also got a bunch of bananas for $1.00. They were single bananas, still very ripe. Harris Teeter (Adam Farm Store) usually has a very high quality of produce, even when on clearance. I also wanted some Steak-umms (buy1/1 free), but they were out - got a rain check.

Today's Trip: 6 boxes of Toaster Strudels (buy1/2 free) $2.89x2=$5.78 - $2.00 (2/$1 coupons
when you buy 2 boxes) = 3.78 for all 6 boxes
1 bag of bananas (10 ct) = $1.00
1 50FL oz of Arm & Hammer concentrated detergent = $2.89-$1.00 ($1 off
coupon) = $1.89
Tax = .33 cents TOTAL $6.92

Walgreens: Walgreens is having an okay sale on school supplies. I decided this year to stock up for the whole school year! I used the store coupons, however was upset that I forgot my Dixie plate coupons at home and forgot that I have $1.00 Bic school supplies coupon when you buy two items. I bought five white poster boards for .10 each, two 28ct Dixie paper plates (I should have received a $2.00 coupon after the purchase but the coupon printer was down) buy1/1 free $3.79, three full size highlighters .05, five pocket folders .05, three 5 packs of Paper Mate mechanical pencils .05 each, two packs of Bic Bright Liner Highlighters - 5 pack .39 each
Tax = .40 cents. TOTAL $7.02

Again, I found these items from the ads in the paper. However, a realy great site for more information is "moneysavingmom.com" I love this site!

0 comments: