CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wow! Time Passes By Fast!

I can't beleive that it has been about a week since I last got to add to my blog. Time goes by sooo fast. I guess this "going back to school" thing has really got to me. However, I WANT that piece of paper (degree.) So how have my savings been lately?

I waited until Sunday afternoon to go to Harris Teeter for the triple coupons. I know, not the best move. However, I really didn't see any GREAT sales, even with the triple coupons. I guess last time around really got be spoiled because there were a lot of BOGO w/ the triples. I did manage to save $108 and spent $52. I stocked up on the BOGO meet (stew meat and cube steak.)

I also did some shopping theapry this last weekend with my 16 year old daughter. We went to a store called Cititrends. I'm on the plus size, so they have some cute tops at a great price. Their clearance is really cheap. However, these are NOT clothes that will last forever and I would NEVER put them in the dryer. However, if you like trendy clothes and a great price, that is your place. They have a lot of urban lines of clothes as well.

Speaking of clothes, do you ever think about going to Sears?
I never think of Sears, however my son works there so I get to use his discount. They actually have some cute things for my 6 year old daughter. Of course I still shop the clearance racks, but the prices are really good. The plus is that they have a program called Kidsavtage Club. If the clothes wear out before they grow of of them, they will replace the item with an identical item or similar item of equal or lesser value. This even includes shoes!

No great deals that I saw at CVS or Walgreens. As for grocery sales this week, I think Lowes Food has the best deals. Yes, they double.

I hope to jump on a bit more. Don't give up on me!

Happy Savings,
Amber

1 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

Great job with the triples savings! I'm also a devoted clearance rack shopper :) And you're right, you would be surprised at the clearance deals you can find at the department stores. Belk is also another one you can come across surprise clearance deals.