CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 18, 2008

Deals This Weekend & Updates

Sorry that I have not had a chance to update my post. Very busy with being a mom and getting ready for back to school. I attend night school at a local 4 year collage and start this Tuesday. I'll attend Tuesday-Thursday, so thanks in advance for your understanding regarding my post.

This weekend was full of deals. However, the best part is that I took my good friend, Dawn with me and taught her about couponing! It was a lot of fun to see her score big with the deals. Starting out DID take some time. Keep this in mind when you first start out because one of the keys to being successful and getting great deals is being organized and prepared for the sales. You've got to clip the coupons and match them to the deals at the right store. You also need how to "play" your coupons at the store (which comes first, etc.) Anyway, Dawn is a fast learner...very good Grasshopper!

Now for my deals this week...

CVS:
I started out with $9.57 in CVS bucks.

2 Gold Em Bags of candy .88 x 2 ($1 coupon when you buy 2)
4 Glade Air Freshener Sprays .88 x 4 (2 bogo free coupons)
2 Puff Plus Tissue .88 (2 .25cent coupons)
2 Sunsilk Shampoo/Cond bogo (2 $1.50 off each coupons)
2 Sunsilk Styling Items bogo (2 $1.50 off each coupons0
2 Wet Ones Wipes bogo (2 .75 coupons each)
5 First Aid kits .99 each (5 $1 coupons = all free!)
1 Hello Kitty Ban aids 2.99 ($1.00 coupon - this was a filler item to get $5 CVS Bucks)
1 Multi Pack Ban aids 3.99 ($1.00 coupon - this was also a filler item - see above.)

After the coupons and CVS bucks...
I paid a grand total of $3.86!! I also get $5 CVS bucks back!
I really like the Sunsilk products, so I'll return before this sales ends. As this is just about free with the $1.50 coupons!

Walgreens:
I purchased a few items from the .39 sale, using the Walgreens in-store coupons.
I was able to get some plastic silverware for work for .39 cents each, chap stick, plus a bunch of little items that makes life easier. Big score was single rolls of Scotts tissue 1000 squares each for .25 cents. It's great to always have back up!

Rite Aid:
My big score at Rite Aid (not a fav) was St. Ives lotion with is BOGO. I had 4 $1.00 coupons. The great deal was, there were a few BONUS packs that included full size body washes!! I paid about $2 each, in which I really needed lotion for myself and my kids.

Target:
If you have known me for any time, you know that I USE to love Target. Things have really changed. I still like the clean stores, however that is really all I can say. I had some items to return to the store for my 2 girls, lost the receipt. Do you know that they would not even exchange the clothes or offer a gift card because you are only allowed 2 returns per year!! The kicker to this is that I was there on 8/15/08 and my "one year" ends on 8/18/08. So, I need to return again, waisting time and gas. What happened to customer service? Target has gotten to be a snob store. They will really need to have a great deal for me to shop there. However, they do have great clearance, the only reason I'll be there. To avoid this, pay with your debit card, in which they keep track of (a bit scary, huh?)

Hope you got the Sunday paper (always buy two!) There were free McDonald's coupons for their new chicken sandwich items! That is 4 items for me! Also free was a coupon for Sara Lee's soft bread, which is REALLY GOOD - YUM! I love FREE!!

Till next time folks, Happy Savings!

Amber

0 comments: