CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Vacation Time = Shopping Time

It here, the time of year that I wait for...my vacation! I wait until my children go back to school and take the first week of September off. Yes, I LOVE my children, however as a single mom, I need some "me" time. This is one way that I find that gives me the down time that I need, allow me to play "Molly Homemaker" and do the things that I like to do.
Which, I started today, my CVS rounds! I started with $3.49 in CVS bucks. I went to one CVS (on the way to do some other shopping, so I didn't waist any gas), and purchased two Colgate toothpaste $2.99 x 2 - $3.00 (two $1.50 coupons from Sept. All You Magazine), one nail file $1.79 (Yuck, I had a nail that was DRIVING me nuts) and two Dawn dish soap (my fav!) .99 cents x 2 - $1.00 (two .50cent coupons from today's P&G coupons found in Sunday Paper.) I used my CVS bucks and OOP (out of pocket cost) was $2.60ish (my receipt is still in my car.) The great deal is that I got $4 CVS bucks back! I flipped my bucks! You get $2 CVS bucks for each Colgate toothpaste! I have several more deals to work this week, so stay tuned!

I also went to Big Lots. I like the store in High Point off of Eastcheaster (HWY 68) and Wendover. Is's always clean, unlike some other Big Lots that I've been too. Their food selection is usually better, as well. I am from Arizona, so I have a lot of "southwestern style recipes" that I cook. One of the main ingredients is green chili's. They are mild in flavor, not spicy, however add a great taste. You can add them to taco meat, eggs or just about anything. They are hard to find here in the South and when I do, they are about .88 to $1.50 per small can. So today, I scored! Today, Big Lots had them for .33 per can. I stocked up! Big Lots also is a great place to buy kids under ware. I picked up two packs of Hanes girls under ware, 5 pairs per pack for $3.00. Can beat that! Socks are also any were from $3.33 to $4.00 per pack - for the whole family.

I hope to add some great things to this blog, so check with me often!

Happy Savings,

Amber


P.S Sorry for any typo's, but late for a cook out, YUM!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

check out Food Lion...They have the new dawn hand renewel 2/5.00. I used two $1.00/q's and got both for 2.00. I also worked the rest of my oscar meyer coupons and got 6 packs free. FL has some really good sales and I ended up spending 62.00 on 120.00 worth of groceries...

I also cleaned CVS out. I got:
2 dawn's for 1.00 after the q cereal is 2/4.00 I had $1/q
Oil of Olay is 4.99,used 2.00q from august all for you.
Covergirl B1G1 free used my B1G1 free q, got both free
Pop tarts 1.69 eachx2 used $1/q
I ended up with a balance of 79.82 Used $7.00ECB Bucks and I had 56.00 in q's. I paid them, 18.00 and got 4.00 in ECB's back

I headed over to Walgreen's on HPT rd. I had 4x4.00 off glade warmer and refill kit. They were selling for 3.79. I got all 4 free

I got a few other things and my total came to 40.85. I used my $10/40.00 q, and I ended up paying them 10.85,but I have 4.00 in rebates to submit...

all in all I saved 120.00-130.00 this weekend using q's

Cheryl