CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Grocery Game

I just signed on for a four week trial to "The Grocery Game." This is a site that does a lot of the coupon/saving work for you. The trial is for $1 (four weeks), however the ongoing price is $10 for the first store and $5 for each additionall store that you sign on too. You pay this every eight weeks. I am going to list my pro's and con's during this trial period.

This was my first week, so here we go with what I liked and didn't like...

Likes:

-You get a full list of items that are matched up with the coupons, full price, sale price and price you will pay.
-You can print the list, no need to write everything out. This was really handy at the store. Also, at Harris Teeter, the list followed the layout of the store. I just used the list and pulled out my coupons. Helped with planning and saved lots of time.
-There were a few items that I did not see or did not know about listed on the list.

Dislikes:

-The list does not update until Sunday afternoon. As we all know, the ads go out on Wednesday. You take a chance that the store is out of stock. Also, since I waited on the list, I missed some deals because my coupons expired the day before. This may only happen towards the end of the month, but I really feel like I missed out on saving some money. Never a good thing.
-During the trial, you can use all of the stores in your area. However, after the trial period, you must pay for this. If you really read the blogs, you can get most of this information for the drug stores (CVS, Walgreens and Walmart.)

At this point, I am not too sure about paying for this service. The main issue is the late updates. However, I'll keep you posted. If you are interested, google "The Grocery Game.Com" Let me know if you have used this before. What did you like? Dislike?

Happy Shopping,

Amber

0 comments: