CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 13, 2008

$$$ Saving Tip




During the holidays, we all tend to spend money on spices that we use just a few times per year. I always feel that I need to replace them yearly because they may no longer be "at their best." Some of the spices and herbs are not cheap. Especially when I need just a pinch of this and a pinch of that! What's a cook to do? I started buying the Mexican spices in the small bags! You can normally find these in the ethnic area in your local grocery store and Walmart (they have a great selection.) You can get the spices that you normally buy for 50%-75% off. In addition to the great savings, I feel that my spices are fresher. If I don't use all of the spices/herbs, I don't feel so bad to toss them out. This is how I buy my sage each year, for a whole lot less! There are also new spices to introduce to your favorite dish without spending a lot of money. Hope this tip helps!

Happy Shopping,

Amber

0 comments: