CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Turkey Day Is Around The Corner! Yummy!



Remember, I said I was working on a project? Well, it's "kinda" a project. I am going to share with you my shopping trip(s) for Thanksgiving Dinner. Where the deals are, how much I am spending and all of that jazz. Keep in mind that I am cooking for only six people. So, the bulk of what I buy, may be different than yours. Also, every family has their own menu, so be mindful of that also. So, what type of things are on my list so far?

Turkey, ham, rolls, mac & cheese, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, dressing, fruit salad, greens, a few pies, giblet gravy, banana pudding, a few veggies and other items that I will add to the list. I will look at different recipes over the next few weeks. I'll break down the different items and ingredients soon. Look for my list of deals starting this Thursday.

Remember, the key to saving is to buy items when they are on sale. Also, pick up extra for your Christmas dinner. After Thankgiving, baking items will be on sale and you won't find the "dinner" type items a often. It's also a great time to just stock up for everyday meals.

Also, if you have a great recipe or Thanksgiving tradition, please share!

Happy Shopping,

Amber

0 comments: